Avodart (Dutasteride) kompilacja informacji by Kris

Avodart (Dutasteride) kompilacja informacji by Kris

Nieprzeczytany postautor: zosia bluszcz » 26 kwie 2014, 10:12

zosia bluszcz napisał/a:
A jezeli chodzi o finasteryd, to owszem, bywa stosowany w kombinacji z duza dawka Bicalutamide.
Pacjentom z zaawansowanym CaP podaje sie najpierw Bicalutamide (150 mg/day) a po osiagnieciu nadiru dodaje sie Finasteride (5 mg/day).
Finasteride and bicalutamide as primary hormonal therapy in patients with advanced adenocarcinoma of the prostate
http://annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/15/6/974.full
dunol napisał/a:
Tego nie rozumiem - dlaczego u nas, w Polsce (i - jak widać - w Australii) z takim krytycyzmem traktuje się finasteryd i dutasteryd.
Tymczasem u amerykańskich i niemieckich "trudnych" pacjentów często widzę w stopkach triadę: eligard, casodex, avodart, czyli prawdziwie pełna blokada.
Mało tego - przy tzw. hormonoterapii przerywanej odstawia się zastrzyki, ale ten avodart zostawia.
Im nie szkodzi?
Dr Charles Myers w swojej książce o hormonalnym leczeniu raka prostaty tłumaczy, że proscar lub avodart zapobiegają przekształceniu testosteronu w dehydrotestosteron.
Ta druga, "wyższa" forma hormonu jest 10 razy bardziej "pożywna" od pierwotnej, czyli czasem wystarczy kastracyjny poziom testosteronu, by nowotwór sobie rósł.
Owszem, mówi się,że dutasteryd czy finasteryd "sztucznie" obniżają poziom PSA o 50%.
Ale rachunek jest przecież prosty: jeśli pod wpływem jedynie tego leku PSA spadnie tylko dwukrotnie, to znaczy, że na nowotwór on nie działa, ale jeśli więcej - to korzystny wpływ jest oczywisty.
I jak to się ma do tego z przed niemal 2 lat .Dyskusji na ten temat w moim wątku ( styczeń-luty 2012 r.)???
zosia bluszcz napisał/a:
Nie wiem na co mieliby Ci polecac Avodart ale chyba nie na lysienie ani nie na BPH.
Na stronie producenta leku czytamy co nastepuje:
AVODART may cause serious side effects including a higher chance of a more serious form of prostate cancer.
Only your healthcare provider can tell if your symptoms are due to BPH or a more serious condition like prostate cancer. See your doctor for regular exams.
http://www.avodart.com/
John Hopkins, ze swojej strony, opublikowal alert dot. Avodartu (marzec 2011):
Johns Hopkins Health Alert
Research on Avodart and Prostate Cancer
Men who take the BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia) drug dutasteride (Avodart) are less likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer, according to a new study that's consistent with previous ones. What's unclear is whether Avodart actually prevents prostate tumors or simply reduces the risk of a diagnosis. Here’s the research which was reported in The England Journal of Medicine (Volume 362, page 1192).
The study included 6,729 men at high risk for prostate cancer who were randomized to receive either Avodart or a placebo. The men were thought to be cancer free at the beginning of the trial and underwent a prostate biopsy two years and four years later.
More people in the placebo group than in the Avodart group received a diagnosis of prostate cancer during the four-year study: 25% versus 20%.
While these findings may sound like good news, it's possible that Avodart simply suppressed PSA levels, rather than preventing the development of new cancers. Another concern: More men in the Avodart group than in the placebo group were diagnosed with a tumor with a high Gleason score -- the tumors most likely to be lethal.
Our advice: If you take Avodart for any reason, be sure that the doctor who performs your PSA screening test is aware of this information. Because Avodart may simply be suppressing your PSA level, he or she will need to perform a mathematical calculation to determine your "true" level.
Posted in Prostate Disorders on March 9, 2011
http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com … 884-1.html
W takim razie czytaj:

GSK statement on Avodart™ (dutasteride) for prostate cancer risk reduction
Issued: Wednesday 23 March 2011, London UK
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) announced today that it will no longer pursue global approval (marketing authorisation) for the use of Avodart™ (dutasteride) to reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
The Company will withdraw applications from regulatory review where procedures are ongoing and, in the limited number of countries where dutasteride is already indicated for use in prostate cancer risk reduction, GSK will work with regulatory agencies to remove this indication from the product’s licence and support physicians to communicate appropriately to patients.
The prostate cancer risk reduction applications were based on findings from the Phase III REDUCE trial (REduction by DUtasteride of prostate Cancer Events) which were first presented at the American Urological Association Annual Meeting, April 2009 and subsequently published in the New England Journal of Medicine in 2010.1
As a result of GSK’s continuing evaluation of available data, GSK began filing applications with regulatory agencies worldwide for the use of dutasteride to reduce the risk of prostate cancer from the end of 2009.
In January 2011, GSK received a Complete Response letter following a US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee Meeting (ODAC) in December 2010, when the majority voted against a favourable risk/benefit profile for dutasteride for reduction in the risk of prostate cancer in men at risk for the disease.
This was essentially due toquestions regarding the clinical significance of reducing the risk of low grade prostate cancer, and uncertainties surrounding the possible explanations for the increased number of cases of high grade tumours in men treated with 5-alpha reductase inhibitors (5ARIs) for prostate cancer risk reduction.
Following similar feedback from Sweden, the Reference Member State in Europe, received in February 2011, GSK has now notified the Swedish MPA of its withdrawal from the regulatory review.
Regulatory filings were also made in other countries outside the US and EU resulting in a small number of countries approving the indication.
Overall, a combination of factors including the ongoing medical and scientific debate around the benefits and risks of 5ARIs for prostate cancer risk reduction, together with feedback from regulatory agencies has caused GSK to carefully consider its approach to the indication and subsequently withdraw ongoing applications for approval.
http://www.gsk.com/media/pressreleases/ … _10043.htm
No i na koniec- najważniejsze informacje dla Barbary.
kris1 napisał/a:
http://www.przychodnia.pl/el/leki.php3?lek=1802
Proszę przeczytać ostatnie zdanie w ostrzeżeniach???
zosia bluszcz napisał/a:
FDA mowi : NIE stosowac 5-alpha reductase inhibitors (5-ARIs) u mezczyzn z rakiem prostaty. As simple as that.
Safety Alerts for Human Medical Products > 5-alpha reductase inhibitors (5-ARIs): Label Change - Increased Risk of Prostate Cancer
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/Safe … 258529.htm
A tu masz prywatna opinie pana doktora W. Catalona:
Avodart© No Different From Finasteride: It Also Might Mask High-Grade Prostate Cancer
http://www.drcatalona.com/quest/quest_fall09_1.htm
Czyżby juz dwa lata wczesniej to "zorientowany" miał rację:
zorientowany napisał/a:
...a tymczasem w USA, wg relacji niektorych pacjentow tamtejszego forum healingwell.com dział - "Rak prostaty", niektorzy tamtejsi lekarze wychodza przed szereg i stosuja tzw. "triple blockage", a wiec u pacjentow z przerzutami standardowa terapie zastrzyk i antyandrogen uzupelniaja fina- lub dutasterydem.
Mysle, ze zwiazek przyczynowo skutkowy zazywania fina/duta sterydu i rozwoju raka prostaty oraz jego agresywnej odmiany nie jest do konca znany, badania moga dawac sprzeczne rezultasty, a co najmniej trudne do interpretowania.
Ponadto, dana sytuacja przyczynowo skutkowa u zdrowego pacjenta nie musi byc rownoznaczna z wystepowaniem takiego samego zwiazku u chorego pacjenta. Wystarczy przypomniec, ze nikt nie udowodnil dotychczas, zeby wysoki poziom testosteronu u zdrowych mezczyzn zwiekszal ich ryzyko zachorowania na raka prostaty. Dopiero po zachorowaniu w okreslonych okolicznosciach testosteron zaczyna przeszkadzac, tzn. sprzyjac szybszemu wzrostowi nowotworu.
Tym samym to co jest (lub nie jest) rekomendowane w celach ewentualnej prewencji nie powinno byc tozsame z tym co jest lub nie jest rekomendawane choremu.
A FDA moze miec teraz taki komunikat, a za dwa lata inny.
Stan wiedzy i wytyczne sie zmieniaja, za przyklad niech posluzy chociazby fakt, ze jeszcze kilka lat temu zalecano przerwanie prostatektomii gdy wykryto "zaraczony" wezel, dzisiaj rekomendowane jest usuniecie chorych wezlow, a wiec usuniecie wezlow jest obecnie elementem leczenia a nie tylko diagnostyki.....
.......a jednak jest to potencjalnie alternatywa dla standardowych hormonow: terapia flutamidem i finasterydem
pacjenci w sytuacji podobnej do Krisa leczeni w ten sposob mieli srednio 7 letnia surpresje PSA (jesli dobrze odczytuje ten tekst, a wydaje mi sie, ze tak) przy czym poziom testosteronu byl w pewnej mierze zachowany, jak zwraca uwage artykul, a wiec nie byla to standardowa chemiczna kastracja
Pozdrawiam.
kris.

Dutasteride versus finasteride (wiki)
Finasteride is also approved for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH. The medications belong to the same class of drugs. Dutasteride inhibits two of the three isoforms of 5-alpha reductase, I and II, whereas finasteride only inhibits type II, and has a much shorter half-life
zosia bluszcz

Blog: Wyświetl blog (0)

Wróć do O CZYM POWINNIŚMY WIEDZIEĆ PRZED, W TRAKCIE I PO LECZENIU