Powszechnie używane leki obniżające poziom PSA

Powszechnie używane leki obniżające poziom PSA

Nieprzeczytany postautor: jesien 2015 » 29 lis 2019, 09:57

Common Medications Associated With Reductions in PSA Levels.

NSAIDs, statins, and thiazide diuretics were associated with lower PSA levels of 1%, 3%, and 6%, respectively.
“It's unclear as to the true mechanism behind what we are observing here, but it certainly raises a number of questions that should be addressed,” Dr. Chang said.

One possibility is that these medications simply reduce PSA levels without influencing the development or growth of prostate cancer.

“In that case, patients who develop prostate cancer would be identified later because their PSA levels would be lower than in others (all other things being equal) who are not on these medications,” Dr. Chang observed.
Alternatively, the medications might have some effect on the prostate gland, for example, reducing cancer development or prostate size and thereby lowering PSA levels."

https://www.mdedge.com/internalmedicine ... psa-levels

Leki przeciwbolowe z grupy NSAID, statyny i diuretyki tiazydowe obnizaja poziom PSA odpowiednio o 1%, 3% , 6%.

W skrócie:
nie jest jasny mechanizm działania.
Jedna możliwość, to jedynie obniżenie poziomu PSA bez wpływu na komórki nowotworowe i w związku z tym opóźnione wykrycie raka.
Druga możliwość jest taka, ze jednak leki te maja jakiś wpływ na zmniejszenie wielkości prostaty a co za tym idzie i PSA.

I link do drugiego artykułu na ten sam temat (2010):
Dodałam kopię abstraktu zalinkowanego artykułu, z ktorego wynika, ze kombinacja statyn oraz diuretyków tiazydowych *) po 5 latach ich stosowania obniża PSA o 36% (diuretyki tiazydowe stosowane solo obnizają PSA o 26%). -zb

Impact of Common Medications on Serum Total Prostate-Specific Antigen Levels: Analysis of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey

Abstract

Purpose
Previous studies suggest that some common medications alter prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels. It remains unclear whether these reported medication effects are due to clinicodemographic factors or concurrent use of other medications. We investigated the impact of individual and combinations of common medications on PSA in a large cross-sectional study of the United States population.

Patients and Methods
The study included men ≥ 40 years old without prostate cancer from the 2003 to 2004 and 2005 to 2006 cycles of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
Men with recent prostate manipulation, prostatitis, and those on hormone therapy were excluded.
Weighted multivariate linear regression was performed on log-transformed total PSA to determine the effect of the 10 most commonly prescribed medication classes, adjusting for potential confounders including demographics, clinical characteristics, physical examination, laboratory studies, and duration of medication use.

Results
In total, 1,864 men met inclusion criteria.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID; P = .03), statin (P = .01), and thiazide diuretic (P = .025) intake was inversely related to PSA levels.
Five years of NSAID, statin, and thiazide diuretic use was associated with PSA levels lower by 6%, 13%, and 26%, respectively.
The combination of statins and thiazide diuretics showed the greatest reduction in PSA levels: 36% after 5 years.
Concurrent calcium channel blocker use minimizes or negates the inverse relationship of statin use and PSA level.

Conclusion
We found that men using NSAIDs, statins, and thiazide diuretics have reduced PSA levels by clinically relevant amounts.
The impact of regularly consuming these common medications on prostate cancer screening is unknown.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... duce%20PSA.

Badania nie sa nowe i pewnie jest obecnie więcej do znalezienia na temat mechanizmu działania ww. leków.

jesien 2015

Blog: Wyświetl blog (0)

Wróć do O CZYM POWINNIŚMY WIEDZIEĆ PRZED, W TRAKCIE I PO LECZENIU